Blogging is the most amazing and at the same scariest things you can do. Once you make the decision to blog it is so many questions that you need answers to. One of those is, what blog platform do I use?
One of the top things besides deciding your niche and logo, is what site to use for your fabulous blog. It is so many sites to use and it is difficult to pick which site that is best for your brand.
WordPress is one of the top sites that million of users use as well as myself. 74 million people to be exact!
Let’s go over the top reasons why you should choose WordPress as your site for your blog.
1. Starting with most important is price. WordPress is affordable compared to other hosting sites that are available. There are plenty of free plugins and themes to use on your site with no cost. Yes for FREE! You can actually run a blog for free. There are different packages to choose from to upgrade your account.
You have the Personal Plan that is only $4 per month
Premium Plan that is $8 per month
Best for Entrepreneurs & Freelancers:Build a unique website with advanced design tools, CSS editing, lots of space for audio and video, and the ability to monetize your site with ads
Business Plan that is $25 per month
Best for Small Business:Power your business website with unlimited premium and business theme templates, Google Analytics support, unlimited storage, and the ability to remove WordPress.com branding.
How much cheaper can you get than with WordPress?
2. WordPress has developed a massive supportive system for their users. There technical support is available at all times if you have any questions. There are WordPress beginner tutorials on their site and how to’s. You will not feel alone if you need any help. Everything you need is right at your fingertips
3. You have a certain way you want your site to look. There are thousands of themes for you to choose from. Whether you want to blog or set up your e-commerce store, WordPress has so many themes that you can pick from. Also there is no need to know any coding. Just a click of the mouse will install your theme. You can customize your site how you want it.
4. A cool fact about this wonderful platform is there are big brands that use WordPress. Including Beyonce, AMC, The New York Times, Mercedes Benz, and CNN! Cool right!
5. You want your site to rank on Google, Yahoo, and other search engines right? This will drive more people to site Well WordPress has taken care of that as well with their practices of using SEO tools. SEO is is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web engine’s searched results. There are many SEO plugins available to help optimize content, meta tags, keyword focus and much more!
6.If you are running an online store (e-commerce) there are plugins created for e-commerce applications that will allow for ordering, cart processing, and shipping.
* This post contains affiliate links.*