Confidence is one of the first keys to being an entrepreneur. You have to have it already made up in your mind you will reach your entrepreneurial goals or you will set yourself up for failure before you have even started.
These days with so many of us women taking control of our own destiny and being our own bosses it’s easy to fall into the,” Can I do this?” mindset. Why is it so easy to fall into this insecure state of mind you ask? Think about it, we are wearing multiple hats under our luxurious hair all day!
We are mothers, wives, daughters, sisters; we are everything to our families. When we get that entrepreneur bug the first thought that hits us is, “Can I handle this?”
The answer is yes! We are built to slay in life ladies!
We have to work on methods to boost our confidence! Then we can get out of our comfort zones and live out our dreams. Here are ways to become more confident as you crush your goals and build your empire!
- Surround yourself with positive people. A definite confidence killer is being around people who are negative and don’t have an encouraging bone in their body. I am pretty sure you can think of a few people who are Negative Nancy’s. Unfortunately, some of those people can be family members. No, you can’t choose who is in your family but you can choose who you tell your business ventures to. Everyone doesn’t have to know your plans. You know who those people are who will just shoot down every hope and dream you have, it’s best to just sshhhh when they are around. Surrounding yourself with inspiring and motivating individuals will keep you positive and living out your dreams. Other women entrepreneurs, a group for business women, any clubs for women who own their own businesses etc. This atmosphere will keep your spirits up and cheer for you when you are crushing those goals.
- Mindful Thinking-Once you have set in your mind that you are confident the world is yours. This way of thinking works wonders for me. I have to mentally think of what I want to achieve and visualize it. Where I want to be, how I will get there, even how I will feel once those goals are reached assists me on paving the way to success. Confidence is purely mental.
Daily affirmations will help put you in the state of mind of achievement. You are what you think. Think positively everyday about yourself. Once you think a certain way, you will act a certain. Put yourself in the mindset of positivity, you will exude positivity. Every morning before you start your day think positive thoughts. Come up with mantra’s to start your day. Can’t think of anything? Here list of ten affirmations:
- I will continue to learn and grow
- I am competent, smart, and able.
- I deserve to happy and successful.
- I believe in myself and trust in my abilities to succeed in all I do.
- Happiness, success, and money come easily to me.
- I am passionate about my business and that shows in everything I do
- I boldly go after what I want in life
- I will always meet a difficult situation with a confident action
- When I see something I want, I go for it without hesitation
- Feeling confident, assured, and strong is a normal part of my every day life
3. Educate yourself. Enroll in seminars, classes, and courses that will keep you up to date on your business. The more educated you are in your niche, the more confident you will be in handling your business and dealing with your audience. Speaking about your work and answering any questions will be a breeze.
4.Celebrate The Small and Big Things– For every victory and accomplishment celebrate. Those accomplishments will boost your confidence and remind you how efficient you are at running your business. Giving yourself a pat on the back on even the small things will give you the motivation to keep going forward.
5. Get A Mentor– Getting a mentor while you are on the road to success is a very strategic move as you go through your journey of being a business owner. Yes you can read every book in the library on your expertise, but there is so much that experience can teach you that you cannot find in books. Having a mentor has been proven to give a boost of confidence and reassurance. To have someone guide you and assist you on a journey that you can actually see for yourself has worked is powerful. Having a mentor also benefits your career by giving you a platform to network. Mentors already have been in the business for quite some time and they can link you with numerous people which is an added benefit.
Again, confidence is mental. Once you mentally get in your head you are unstoppable you will be a force to be reckoned with. Watch out world!